YUNUS EMRE TURKISH LANGUAGE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION GUIDE
Yunus Emre Turkish Language Scholarship program is designed for students who are willing to study Turkish Language.
This program provides scholarships for undergraduate, masters and PhD levels.
Yunus Emre Turkish Language Scholarship Program is available for non-Turkish nationals from all countries.
Candidates applying for the Yunus Emre Turkish Language Scholarship program shall meet the following requirements:
• Being a citizen of a foreign country (Anyone holding or ever held Turkish citizenship cannot apply for this scholarship program),
• For undergraduate programs: Candidates who have graduated or are likely to graduate from an educational institution equivalent to that of Türkiye's in the present academic year- preferably from science-based high schools,
• For masters and PhD programs: Candidates who have graduated or are likely to graduate from an educational institution equal to that of Türkiye's in the present academic year,
• For undergraduate level, applicants who were born no earlier than 01.01.1992,
• For masters level applicants who were born no earlier than 01.01.1983,
• For Ph.D. level applicants who were born no earlier than 01.01.1978,
• Candidates who had not or have not been granted a scholarship at the undergraduate and graduate level that he/she is applying for, by a Turkish government institution,
• Candidates who are currently studying in a university or a vocational college in Türkiye cannot apply for the same level,
• Graduate applicants who have completed his/her undergraduate or master's education in Türkiye must submit ALES (Academic Staff and Graduate Education Test conducted by ÖSYM) or its international equivalent exam deemed acceptable by the universities they are applying to,
• Candidates must have at least 70 % weighted grade point average over their maximum graduation grade.
• The application form (Provided at the website)
• A copy of a high school diploma/ undergraduate/graduate diploma or document indicating that the candidate is a high school/ undergraduate/graduate senior student.
• A certified high school/ undergraduate/graduate transcript (indicating courses taken and relevant grades of the candidate).
• A copy of a valid ID card (Passport, Birth Certificate, etc.)
• One (1) passport photo.
What Does This Scholarship Cover?
• Free University Education
• Free Turkish Language Classes
• Free Health Care
• Monthly Pocket Money
• Free Dormitory
• Round Ticket from Your Country
How to apply?
Canditates can apply via www.turkiyeburslari.org and www.trscholarships.org web sites. Candidates who apply through internet will primarily create an account by entering an e-mail and password; will log in to the system and fill out the application forms and will finish the application by uploading the relevant documents to the system.
Note: 1- The Türkiye Scholarships allow you to study not only in state universities, but also in private universities. Students who have been enrolled at a private university are not granted their scholarships and pay university fee on their own in the case that they do not graduate in academic calendar.
2- Candidates who will apply for masters and Ph. D. programs must have at least 80 % weighted grade point average over their maximum graduation grade.